The 2021 Franciscan Health Race for Kids will be an in-person event* and will offer an all virtual option allowing race participants to join in the fun and upload results from anywhere throughout the country!
The race is aimed at raising awareness and funds for our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and our Pediatric Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy departments. All proceeds will help purchase equipment and supplies needed to provide a continuum of care for our tiny babies in the NICU to our children with developmental delays who work hard each week in their therapy appointments. At Franciscan Health, we want to enhance a child’s ability to learn, improve their physical function, and support their need for independence.
This year's activities will include a:
*Franciscan has and will continue to carefully monitor all developments surrounding the pandemic. Our first priority is your health and the wellbeing of our communities. Therefore we will be implementing safety procedures to ensure everyone's wellbeing. We will continue to follow CDC and local guidelines. However if our local environment is not conducive for an in-person event by June 5th, then all activities will move to the virtual platform, and all registered in-person participants will be transferred to the virtual option (no refunds will be offered since this is a fundraiser). Masks will be required for all participants and volunteers except when ran/walking on the 5K course.
Saturday, June 5, 2021
8:00 am: Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up Opens
9:00 am: Butterfly Release
9:15 am: Kids Dash
9:30 am: 5K Start
10:15 am: Awards Ceremony
Virtual Event Schedule:
Anytime between Friday, June 4 at 8:00 am through Sunday, June 6 at Midnight
Franciscan Health Lafayette East Hospital*
1701 S. Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
*All activities will begin and take place outside at the end of St. Francis Way by the 3920 office building
5K Run/Walk (In-Person or Virtual): $30
Children Under 10: Free
Kids Dash: Free
Additional Butterflies: $5 each
All registration types include a race t-shirt and 1 butterfly for the release*.
Please register by Friday, May 21 to guarantee a race shirt and butterfly.
*Virtual participants will also have a butterfly released in honor of a loved one and will be able to view the release in a video sent to all participants after the in-person release.
- Top overall male and female
- Top male and female in each of the following age categories:
60 and Over
- Ribbons will be awarded to all children who participate in the Kids Dash.
- Top overall male and female (time must be recored and sent via the IYR Virtual Mobile App)
- Best crazy/fun race picture upload to this site.
- Team with the highest amount of dollars raised
EARLY PACKET PICK UP
Want to pick up your race day packet (bib, t-shirt, etc.) before the race?
Then stop by our Franciscan Health Central campus parking lot across from the parking garage off Tippecanoe Street on Thursday, June 3rd between 4-7pm.
*All butterflies will be given out day of at the butterfly table.
IMPORTANT: HOW TO PARTICIPATE AND SUBMIT YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
Please download the IYR Virtual Mobile App on App Store or Google Play and read the instructions here:
This app will allow you to run your virtual race and automatically track your pace, distance, and overall time. The app will recognize the race distance that you registered for and will automatically stop your session at the appropriate distance (eg 3.1 miles for a 5K virtual race) and send your results in. It's the closest thing you can get to running a real race!
***MAKE SURE YOU LOGIN USING THE SAME EMAIL YOU REGISTERED WITH. ALSO, MAKE SURE YOUR LOCATION SETTINGS ARE ON AND ALWAYS TURNED ON AND ACCESSIBLE BY THE APP***
If you do not wish to use the IYR Virtual mobile app for your virtual race, please see instructions for manually entering your finish time at the bottom of this page: https://www.itsyourrace.com/pc/iyrvirtualhowto
COURSE MAP & RACE DAY PARKING MAP
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES ARE STILL AVAILABLE
If you would like to become a sponsor for this year's Race for Kids, please contact Jen Eberly at 765-423-6812.
By sponsoring, you are not only ensuring the success of this event, you are helping to enhance the quality of life for children right here in our backyards.
Covid 19 - Safety Plan
- Participants and volunteers will be asked to social distance themselves from other runners and families before, during and after the race.
- Signage and markers will be used to indicate social distancing while in registration/check-in lines.
- Social distancing will be required at the start/finish line; therefore, utilizing more space on St. Francis Way to do a staggered start vs a gunshot start limiting the number of people who cross the start line at a time.
Masking and Hygiene:
- Masks will be required for all participants and volunteers except when run/walking on the 5K course. A mask will be given to individuals who do not already have one.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for participants and will be available at the registration table and the in the bathrooms.
- A list of symptoms will be emailed to each participant and volunteer before the race requiring all attendees to self-screen prior to arrival. Email will also state that if any participate or volunteer were to become sick, develop COVID-19 symptoms, or believe they may have been exposed by a close contact to remain home and not attend the race event.
- The list of safety measures/requirements will be posted on our event website and will be emailed to each participant and volunteer before the race.
Food & Water Station:
- A prepackaged granola bar and bottle of water will be given to each participant in their event bag. No other refreshments will be offered.
- There will be one water station on the course, prefilled cups will be spread apart on a table for runners to pick up while on the course. Volunteers will wear gloves to pick up used cups from the ground.
- Participants will be instructed to leave the premises immediately following the awards ceremony and will be reminded to not gather with others outside of their group to remain socially distanced.
Virtual Option Available:
- If an individual is not comfortable attending an in-person event.
- If an individual does not pass the self-screen.
- If the local environment is not conducive for an in-person event.
Early Packet Pick-Up:
- Participants will be encouraged to pick up their packets on the Thursday afternoon/evening before the race to reduce the number of participants in the registration/check-in lines day of the race.
- Packet pick-up will take place on the Central Campus in the parking lot across from the parking garage. Packet pick-up will be a drive through style allowing participants to remain in their vehicles.
- At both packet pick-up and the race, signage regarding COVID-19 screen questions and CDC/ISDH health information will be displayed.